Sunday, October 25, 2009
I have a whole stack of these little potholders to make. They are super easy to make! I cut out a bunch to sew up for Christmas to give away with goodies... I will post more as I get them done.. This one turned out pretty good. I don't think I have any Halloween potholders so this is a first! Hmmm, maybe I'll make a pumpkin roll and break it in! What do you think?? :)
Friday, October 23, 2009
I finally finished this one after a long time of dreading the work in front of me... Each block has 64 individual squares and over 100 seams.. That makes over 2000 pieces for the whole quilt.. This project seemed to never end!! I started it back in April. The task was so daunting that I dreaded every minute of sewing it together. I spent so much time chain piecing and ironing that I even burned a hole in my ironing board cover! Yikes! My goal was to make perfect points on the blocks, but after 2 blocks I kinda-sorta didn't care! Even though some of them did not come out as planned, the whole quilt turned out pretty good! By the time I got to the point of actually quilting I decided to bag the idea of quilting a nice pattern on the front and just do a basic meander over it so I could just get it done--brainlessly. The quilt is not quite done in these pictures. I still have the binding to put on..
I made both these items quite a few years back... Boy you can really tell the difference in my quilting! There is no binding on it, and it wasn't truly quilted... But its still a fun little wall hanging! I added raffia to the dowel to create the broom and wrapped it with jute twine. One of the sayings on the quilt is "if the broom fits, ride it!" :) I also stitched this bread cloth.. I haven't stitched in a very long time! ...at least not with embroidery thread!